Join our team
BI Data Analyst
CAPEX.com is a leading multi-licensed global fintech. Our vision is to innovate through a wide range of services and products, to educate and satisfy the needs of investors in all classes, from small retail to high-net-worth individuals. CAPEX.com operates across the globe through dozens of own and partner offices in Europe, Asia, South Africa, and the Middle East. For the Global HQ located in Bucharest, CAPEX.com is looking for an enthusiastic BI Data Analyst eager to help us deliver high-quality reports using accurate data to the company. The selected candidates will help us play a key role in the efficiency automation and continuous improvement of the company.
The ideal candidate is an exceptionally organized, methodical professional with the necessary ambition to take our Business Intelligence reports and databases to the next level with respect to accuracy, security, and safety. You will serve as our BI quality leader in front of our stakeholders by performing the QA tests on our deliverables to ensure they respect the target quality and usability, while also fostering a “quality culture” in which all BI stakeholders become actively engaged in guaranteeing quality. All this can be achieved by:
- Verifying data accuracy on all BI deliverables and data sources, to ensure reliability of the reports in the process of decision making; for the identified data issues, the BI Data analyst must then investigate the root cause, establish, follow up and implement corrective action and set the necessary recurrent quality controls.
- Preparing the monthly fee calculations for business partners and sales team and monitoring the data accuracy of the internal flow around these calculations.
- Executing the BI internal homologation plan on the developed BI reports and functionalities to ensure they match the design specifications based on the list of use-cases and scenarios designed with the BI Business Analyst.
- Preparing the test documentation of the deliverable by describing what was done, the obtained results and expected next steps (UAT or corrective stage).
- Identifying and documenting deviations from the business requirements.
- Coordinating with the BI Business Analyst to fix identified deviations by requiring the corrective developments or clarifying/validating adapted requirements with the business requester; retest the resulted deliverable to meet the initial/adapted business need.
- Testing the reports for robustness and performance times
- Engaging with and supporting business users during the UAT by guiding them through the process, sharing the insights gained during internal homologation plan with them, while anticipating potential questions/blocking points
- In a later stage, when the BI journey will reach its maturity phase, contribute to the implementation of automated testing by designing the appropriate rules, steps, and methods to be followed based on the acquired experience in KWG
- Assess the current processes and systems serving BI department and provide recommendations to alter or reengineer processes that would improve the increase the efficiency of collecting and exploiting the data, ensuring real-time correlation of master data between systems and an increased accuracy of data.
- Ensure accurate knowledge sharing with other team members and stakeholders around BI tools, data, and reports.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Finance, IT or Computer
- +3 years’ experience as either:
- Reporting officer, financial analyst in the finance/controlling department
- QA tester on IT projects, preferably focused on reporting processes or data quality projects
- Thoroughly organized and structured personality, disseminating between various available information and data sources while remaining focused on the target
- Advanced data collection and analysis skills; fantastic attention to detail
- Proven autonomy, determination, and perseverance to drive initiatives from business need to deliverables
- Sound business knowledge and familiarity with concepts and processes in the financial services/investment industry
- Demonstrated flexibility to company’s culture and environment
- Excellent communication and documentation skills
- Team player attitude and pro-activity in day-to-day activities
- Previous experience in working in or with the Business Intelligence department is a plus.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office; previous experience in working with Microsoft
- Power Platform is a plus (Power Bi, Power apps, Power automate)
- Prime access to international projects.
- Support and guidance when settling in.
- Friendly working environment, alongside talented and dedicated people.
- Promotion opportunities.
- Private medical subscription.
- Friday Specials: cookies & pizza days.
BI Data Analyst