Join our team
Chief Legal Officer
Key Way Group is looking for an experienced Chief Legal Officer, having the role to "hands-on" manage our companies' day-to-day legal activities alongside the CEO.
The Chief Legal Officer Position:
- Develop and lead corporate legal strategy to promote and protect the company's matters.
- Provide professional, strategic and legal advice to the board of directors and board committees.
- Draft and prepare board meetings protocols and materials.
- Handle, draft and negotiate commercial agreements, including IOs, MSAs, NDAs and License Agreements
- Provide business-oriented legal counselling and guidance on a range of operational, commercial, corporate, labor and compliance issues.
- Support day-to-day operation of various departments, including Sales, Marketing, HR, Product and Finance.
- Manage and oversee potential legal disputes, including in connection with industry policies, customers (B2B), sales representatives, agents, consultants, etc.
- Oversee the delivery of legal services and resources to accomplish corporate goals, strategies, and priorities.
- Maintain proper corporate interactions with the relevant local, state and federal governmental bodies, legislatures and the community at large.
- Create scalable processes for handling and organizing legal functions around the globe
2. Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong legal experience and expertise in corporate, regulatory, IP and IT matters with a focus on Financial Services (Retail Banking experience preferred) and Technology
- Excellent analytical skills and an ability to demonstrate professional legal and business judgment
- Knowledge and understanding of varied legal fields – commercial, corporate, labor, compliance, and corporate governance.
- Ability to analyze and interpret issues and to prepare legal opinions.
- Ability to communicate and interact with officials at all levels of government.
- Knowledge of the principles and procedures of legal research.
- Negotiating skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of institutional policies and procedures and the regulatory environment within which they operate.
- Knowledge of legal documentation procedures and requirements.
- Ability to develop and implement legal strategies and solutions
What "extra" do you need to be successful:
- Professional maturity and strong leadership skills, ability to act as a significant business partner and trusted advisor for senior management.
- Strong business acumen, deep understanding of business' needs and risk management.
- Excellent multi-tasking skills: ability to efficiently prioritize, manage and support multiple matters simultaneously for different stakeholders and meet strict deadlines
- Highly proactive with a "Can do" mentality, fast learner and independent.
- Highly analytical and details oriented.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work closely with multiple interfaces.
- Qualified lawyer with 5+ years post-qualification experience with the majority spent in financial services and/or technology
- Excellent academic and legal credentials In-house experience at a senior management level
- Hold a current practicing certificate
- Excellent English skills (written and oral) are a must
What we offer:
In remunerating our team members, we are not just aligned with but above the market benchmarks, as we are a fast-growing global company in a strong industry. We are motivated and driven by performance – so we reward everyone's performance through motivating packages.
- Fixed salary
- Bonuses and incentives - project-based or quarterly
- Possibility of growth (we are expanding in multiple countries with branches) of the team and responsibilities
- End of year department bonus. (including ESOP plan)
Chief Legal Officer