Join our team
Head of Development
We are looking for a Head of Development to join our Team!
Who we are
CAPEX.com is a leading multi-licensed, multi-asset fintech group, on a mission to revolutionize the way people trade online by delivering investing services to everyone, anywhere. We operate across the globe through our own multiple and partner offices in Europe, Asia, South Africa, the Middle East, and Latin America.
Our journey began in 2016, and we've since grown to a dynamic and varied global team of 400 people based in 9+ offices worldwide, including our HQ in Bucharest.
We are on an accelerated growth path. We actively encourage fast-paced career paths, with each employee having the chance to rapidly promote to management roles of coordination of new teams or offices for our companies.
What’s the team like
Our products are created by quick-thinking, talented individuals that "roll up their sleeves and make it happen." Suppose you like working in a fast-paced, multicultural atmosphere with friendly coworkers and a focus on high performance enabled by cutting-edge technology. If that's the case, you've come to the right place!
What’s your mission?
As a Head of Development at CAPEX.com, you'll be at the center of the most cutting-edge innovation initiatives in one of the hottest industries presently. You'll be working with our teams using the most up-to-date technologies and methods. You'll be essential to the progress and development of our new trading platform, as well as the rewrite of CAPEX.com.
What you'll be doing
- Grow the team while providing guidance for highly complex initiatives.
- Conceive plans and conduct research in relevant problem areas or new technology of considerable scope and complexity.
- As an excellent communicator, you will gather requirements and pave the way for consensus on the creation and adoption of architectural decision records across multiple departments.
- You will lead smaller teams of senior engineers to deliver high-impact initiatives crucial for CAPEX.com’s business goals.
- Align with the company strategy and explore technologies that can have a positive impact on CAPEX in the years to come.
- Analyze potential business opportunities for their benefits and risks and deduct clear decisions.
- Create detailed, comprehensive, and well-structured architectural diagrams and technical documents.
What we're seeking for
- Ability to operate effectively and autonomously across multiple teams and navigate technical ambiguity with only high-level direction.
- You have experience in large-scale adoption of reactive systems, and you are able to break down complex initiatives into smaller iterations that involve other engineering and product teams.
- You have a BS in Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Informatics, or equivalent professional experience.
- You have advanced knowledge and experience with building reactive microsystems leveraging event or message-driven architecture for systems with a high load.
- You are highly collaborative, focused on building relationships across all departments.
- Be self-driven and show the ability to deliver on ambiguous projects despite incomplete or inaccurate data.
- An ability and interest in working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment.
- Ability to easily build relationships with the different players of the tech area, at different levels of the organization.
- Advanced English skills;
- Several years of experience with a track record in the successful delivery of initiatives in the area of Quality Assurance;
- Hands-on personality, self-driven, somebody who likes to be in the middle and not sit on the sidelines.
- Somebody who has the ability to connect with people outside the Engineering Area, at different levels within the organization.
What we offer to you
- Competitive salary package.
- Access to overseas global projects.
- Support and advice during the transition; networking opportunities.
- Medical subscription at Regina Maria.
- Working in a friendly workplace with brilliant and motivated people.
- Strong coffee and savory breakfasts (milk, cereal, pastry, and fruit); • Friday specials (pizza, desserts, etc.).
- Ping-pong, Fussball, boxing, and other games - available in the play area, as well as the latest PlayStation and Xbox consoles.
- Company-wide team-buildings, parties, and sports events.
Above all, the chance to develop and learn while becoming a part of CAPEX.com’s tremendous mission to become the world's leading trading platform.
Head of Development