Owning your own electric vehicle is no longer a dream for the far-off future, it is a possibility you could grab in the present. Government initiatives and support, more charging infrastructure, the fast development of battery technology, and our own aspirations to lessen our carbon footprint are helping to push the electronic vehicle industry to new margins.
Tesla, Inc. has been leading the way in the industry since 2003 and the hype around its revolutionary products seems to get louder every day.
Read on to find out how the latest from Tesla is shaping the industry into one that will become more accessible for everyone.
Tesla beat second-quarter delivery estimates
July opened with great news for Tesla as recent figures show it delivered a record number of cars for the second quarter of 2023. According to the numbers, the company delivered 466,140 vehicles from April to June, up 10% from the previous quarter, and 83% higher compared to the previous year. The handing over of vehicles even beat the average expectations of analysts polled by Refinitiv, who expected the delivery of cars to be only 445,000.
Could this mean that Tesla is on its way to delivering some of the highest number of models in the industry just like last year? It is too early to tell but here is look at how the sale of Tesla models compared to the rest in 2022.
Best-selling plug-in electric vehicles models worldwide in 2022. Source: Statista 2023.
Tesla Charging Standards in Great Demand
Collaboration in business is usually the name of the expansion game.
Many companies are gearing up to get in on the Tesla charger action soon, with names like Ford, General Motors, and ChargePoint among the companies who have already signed up to use Tesla’s charging design over the past few weeks.
The most recent company to get in on the action is Volkswagen AG, who is in talks to adopt its North American Charging Standard (NACS) technology.
Not wanting to lose out on customers, car makers are looking to Tesla to take on its charging technology as the Combined Charging System (CCS) is not enough.
Offering a combination of charging systems means more choice for the end user, which could ultimately mean more business for electric carmakers.
Tesla is the King of European Market Share for May
Tesla is expected to not only be charging the way forward for electric vehicles in the U.S. but also in Europe, as it held the largest market share in the industry since May 2023
According to JATO Dynamics new vehicle registrations came to 1,116,472 units in May 2023 - an 18% year-on-year increase – making Tesla the best performing Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) in May.
This means Tesla’s market share in Europe for May is at 2.63%, up from a mere 0.15% a year before.
Tesla market share in Europe yearly chart. Source: JATO Dynamics.
With Statista projecting that Tesla may reach the sale of 141.60k passenger vehicles in 2027 in Europe and 325.40k units in 2027 in North America, it seems Tesla may be showing no signs of slowing down for years to come.
How to invest in Tesla or another electric vehicle maker at CAPEX.com
1. Log in to your CAPEX account.
2. Be sure your account is already funded with our flexible payment options.
3. At the top right you can see the type of account you are in. Here you can choose if you want to trade CFDs or invest in real assets.
4. Go to the search icon at the top left of your WebTrader and enter Tesla or the name of another electric vehicle maker we provide trading on.
5. Select the instrument.
6. Enter the amount you wish and Select ‘Buy’ at the top. If you already have the stock and want to sell it, select the ‘Sell’ button.
7. That’s it! If your transaction was successful, you will be notified.
- Government initiatives and support, better development of battery technology, and more charging infrastructure are all helping electric vehicle sales surge.
- Tesla breaks record with sale of vehicles for second quarter of 2023
- Tesla’s North American Charging Standards in great demand from other electric car manufactures
- Tesla is the winner of the biggest market share in European for May